The passionate hiker

The passionate hiker
Early days in the outdoors

Monday, September 2, 2024

THE THREE TRAILS CHALLENGE

 THE THREE TRAILS CHALLENGE


The K&P causeway across Calabogie Lake

Here's another Challenge for you.

This 316 km circuit starts in Smiths Falls, following the Ottawa Valley Recreational Trail northwards to Renfrew.  There it joins the K&P Trail for the long journey south to Harrowsmith, before picking up the Cataraqui Trail for the return to Smiths Falls.

You can do it as a hike or a bike trip, as one single marathon challenge or as a series of shorter adventures. I have been working away at it this year, and will be finishing off the final section this month.  I have been travelling by bike, as out-and-back day trips.  So when I'm done, I will have travelled the whole circuit twice!

Here's my working map of the full circuit, plus maps of three tricky areas where diversions/connections are needed:  in Smiths Falls, at Calabogie, and at Snow Road Station.  

I have also created a handy trip log, which is available upon request (can't find a way to attach it here).  A sample of page 1 is attached.  Also please contact me for trail conditions, which vary from excellent to waterlogged.

Perhaps someone can create another badge for this latest challenge?


The Passionate Hiker


Sample page of trip log


My working map of the full circuit













No comments: