The passionate hiker

The passionate hiker
Early days in the outdoors

Monday, November 12, 2018

Murphys Point Circuit


Sun. 11 November:  Murphys Point Circuit




Here’s a trip that you can do at any time of the year – a 14.4 km circuit of Murphys Point Provincial Park, following a mix of park roads, hiking trails, and ski trails, taking in many of the best views along the way.

I started at the main gate, which is closed at this time of year, but this circuit would work just as well from within the Park, and also from Lally Homestead.

For some reason I seemed to be in a hurry today, my moving average being in excess of 5 km/hr, and with only brief stops.  It was a perfect day for a walk.

Try this out for yourself.

I took the "outer" left hand leg to the junction with Point Trail

This part of Sylvan Trail is often flooded

Here I turned left onto Point Trail

The Point: Big Rideau Lake (& Rideau Canal)

The island beach

Trailhead for Point Trail

The main swimming beach

Here I turned onto the Rideau Trail

McParlan House

Ice starting to form on the lakes

On the trail

Loon Lake

A very enjoyable undulating route,
and there's no need to go as fast as I did today


No comments: